The Common Room is a creative co-working space open from 9.30 am – 5 pm, seven days a week. It’s aimed at those in the creative industries who need a place to work but might not need, or be able to afford, a private studio or office. It’s an ideal working space for those who like to be around other creatives but also just want to sit quietly and get stuff done.
Common Room members have access to a growing creative community, as well as a fully resourced, beautiful workspace in a central location. It includes a large central table (designed and custom built by local designer A Good Looking Man) for sprawling creative projects, meetings and workshops; smaller desks for more contained work (like drawing and writing) and a mezzanine loft space with couches and rugs.
It also includes:
- Free WIFI
- Access to downstairs wood-workshop; filled with tools and a sturdy bench
- Air-conditioning, kitchen and toilet facilities
- Use of the materials library; a store of basic art making supplies (scissors, glue, paper, pens)
- Printing and photocopying facilities (ink and paper included. Donation suggested)
- Discounts on space hire, workshops, seminars and social events
- The Athenaeum; a library of books, journals and zines
Signing up as a member is affordable at less than $12/week.
Common Room Membership
Single day access to The Common Room is available for a $10 drop-in fee.
Including all benefits of a membership and valid for a full day, this would be ideal for anyone considering a monthly Common Room membership, travelling creatives, or for groups looking for a space to collaborate.
For more information and to book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.